Let me start by saying that if a company has a website, they already have a better chance of connecting with the right audience online than those without a website. There are still about 30%-40% of U.S businesses that do not have a website.
You’re online, now what?
You’ve finally brought your business online.
I hear this line all the time when talking to local companies.
“I have a website, but I never look at it”
I’m shocked at the number of business owners that aren’t concerned with the functionality of their website. I always use this example with my clients. You don’t purchase a car and never change the oil or change the tires.
No matter which industry your serve, it is always changing. To invest in something so paramount in the growth of a company, and not audit your site even once a year is a recipe for minimal leads.
When was the last time you received a referral from your website?
If you can’t remember, this is a red flag. Your website is a 24/7 salesman for your company. You invest in this annually, granted it’s not as much as your 9 to 5 salesman, but why waste him?
Here are a few important reasons why your conversion rate remains low.
- A small number of customers are searching for your product or service
- When customers search, they can’t find you
- Your website is hard to navigate or has a slow loading time
- Your website does not have what they are looking for
- They cannot access your contact information quickly
- Less than 3 CTA’s
Most of our clients have at least 3 of these problems, which equates to the reason their lead count is so low or non-existent.
- If your customers are not searching on Google for the product or service your business offers, think about where they could be starting their search process instead.
- Visibility is key in any industry. Google a keyword that people would use to find you. If you’re an Ice Cream Shop you would type in “Ice Cream” or “Ice Cream near me”. Find out where you rank, and if you don’t see your business on the first page then it is time to contact a web or marketing professional. According to an article by Search Engine Watch, the top-ranking website under a Google search obtain 33% of the traffic.
- 40% of people abandon a website that takes more than 3 seconds to load. Optimizing a website for faster loading speeds can dramatically increase your success.
- A visitor on average will click three buttons on a website before they decide to stay or bounce, this is known as the Three-Click Rule. Evaluate your nav bar for starters.
- Always have at least two contact methods on the homepage and footer, as well as office hours if necessary.
- Call To Actions are a great way to increase leads if they have proper placement. Try placing “Learn More” or “Contact Us” on the landing page above the fold.
If you’re interested in learning more, I conduct FREE website consultations for all industries seeking to grow online. During the consultation, I will review your website and take you step by step on changes that will greatly improve your overall presence, and help increase searchability on Google.
It’s time to start showcasing your business online in front of more customers. The sooner we start, the sooner you get found.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
Are you a business owner looking to work with a local highly-rated company on your website and marketing needs? Get $100 off your first professional with Kate Creative Media LLC.
Written by: Kate Stallings